Non-profit organizations have the chance to display Opportunity Quilts and sell tickets for them during the show.
Opportunity Quilt Rules & Details
- There is no fee but each guild or non-profit organization that enters must provide two volunteers to assist hanging the main show and two volunteers to take down at the end of the show.
- The quilt may be a "work in progress" at the time the quilt is entered; however the quilt must be finished completely when turned in for hanging. Unfinished quilts will not be accepted.
- Each participating organization will appoint a spokesperson who will interact with the SDQS chairperson.
- SDQS will provide a table and two chairs for each guild/organization. Management and staffing for the selling of opportunity quilt tickets is the responsibility of the guild/organization. Make sure you have ticket sellers for each day (usually done in two hour shifts). If your quilt is unattended, then tickets cannot be sold by another organization. Because we feel that your participation is a service to your guild, we require that your volunteers pay to get into the show. Perhaps each guild would be willing to reimburse your volunteers as a part of the expense of selling tickets. People working the first shift will be able to enter 10 minutes before the show begins each day (through the MAIN ENTRANCE, please supply the name to the SDQS chairperson) in order to set up their area. People working the last shift each day must take any sales money with them, but they can leave tickets and stubs under the table.
- No other items are allowed to be a part of the opportunity quilt, and no other fund raising items may be sold. You may bring in Guild information, Flyers and program schedules to be shared with attendees.
- You must be a Non-Profit organization. IN CALIFORNIA, A NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION MUST REGISTER WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S REGISTRY OF CHARITABLE TRUSTS PRIOR TO CONDUCTING THE RAFFLE AND FILE FINANCIAL DISCLOSURE REPORTS ON EACH RAFFLE EVENT. FORMS ARE AVAILABLE AT http://ag.ca.gov./charities/raffles.php. You must provide proof of your current registration.
- To pick up the quilt after the show, you must provide SDQS with the name and phone number of the person responsible for taking the quilt. They will need to sign a release.
- Important: Be sure to read and follow the Quilt Entry Rules & Details as well
Any Organization that does not comply with the above instructions will not be allowed to sell tickets at the show. If you have any questions, call 619-443-2706.