Quilt Entry Rules
Below are the rules for 2017. We will be updating our rules for 2018 shortly. If you need an update immediately, please contact us.
The following additional rules and details apply for all General Prize Quilts, Quilt Challenge, Opportunity Quilts, or Sales Booth Quilts entries. For Block Challenge rules, see the Block Challengepage.
- Entry deadline is July 15, 2017
- All quilts over 30" wide (except Sales Booth Quilts) must have a 4" sleeve on back. Click here for quilt sleeve instructions. Additionally, each quilt should have some type of label on the back with entrant's name and contact information.
- Panels, pre-printed pieces and unfinished quilts will not be accepted for regular display. (Quilt tops and blocks will be accepted for Sales Booth Quilts). All entries are accepted and displayed at the discretion of SDQS.
- Entries may not have been previously entered in the San Diego Quilt Show.
- A quilt made from a kit may be judged for feedback but will not be eligible for an award.
- If you are part of a group of 3 or more people, and would like your entry to display with other entries of your group, then please name the group and include the same group name (ie. "Busy Quilters") on all entries.
- Insurance is the sole responsibility of the entrant. San Diego Quilt Show (SDQS) assumes no liability for the entries. SDQS will take every precaution to protect your items. Security guards are on duty during the overnight hours at the San Diego Convention Center.
- By entering your item, you are giving SDQS and visitors permission to photograph it. For items to be excluded from the San Diego Quilt Show CD/DVD (if produced), check the "Do not include" option on the entry form.
- An acceptance letter will be delivered by e-mail after receipt of completed entry form.
- Quilts must be dropped off on Monday, September 25, 2017, 1:00pm to 4:00pm, at:
- Rosie's Calico Cupboard
- 7151 El Cajon Boulevard
- San Diego CA
- After the show, quilts must be picked up on the following dates/locations:
- Saturday, September 30, 5:00pm to 6:00pm: at San Diego Convention Center
- Sunday, October 1, 1:00pm to 4:00pm: at Rosie's Calico Cupboard
- There will be a $25 LATE FEE for items not picked up by the designated time.